How We Tested the Best USB Heated Vests
The most critical aspect of an insulated garment is its fit; then there’s the comfort level. We charged everyone overnight to make sure it was completely charged before testing.
We hooked up the charger batteries and cycled the vests to a certain temperature. The vest went up and we saw the duration of the power supply that lasted.
We wore each vest outdoors and noted its comfort when bending and turning, and we also noted the efficiency with which the vest prevented the cold breeze.
We wanted to also see which was the most power efficient and would last the longest.
To test the insulation of each vest, we tested them in an oven. To do this, we monitored the temperature of the air outside and then placed the vest back into the oven to measure how quickly it heated up.
We also noted whether or not any leakage occurred when processing from one heat setting to another. Additionally, we carefully tracked reviews from customers and owners to see if their evaluations of the product matched ours.
Finally, we considered the price point for each vest. We looked at a range of budget-friendly options to premium models from established brands like Hilipert, Loowoko, and Ororo.
In the end, we chose our top picks based on how well they retained heat, how comfortable they were to wear, and how long the battery lasted. We also considered value for money when selecting our picks.
Ready to find your perfect heated vest? Take a look at our top picks below!
- Hilipert Heated Vest(Unisex) This Hilipert heated vest is one of the top-rated and lowest-priced options on the market. It comes with three heat settings that can be adjusted with just one click and offer a soft microfleece lining for extra warmth and comfort. The adjustable waist ensures it fits you perfectly, and the lightweight design makes it easy to wear indoors or outdoors in cold weather. the battery lasted 12 hours.
- This Loowoko heated vest is one of the lightest and still pretty affordable options available. It comes with three adjustable heat settings, a lightweight design, and durable construction. It fits easily under jackets and coats for extra warmth, and the battery lasts up to 6 hours on one charge which was the only downside for us here.
- ORORO Heated Vest This OAONNE heated vest is perfect for those who want a higher-end option. It comes with four adjustable heat settings, a comfortable fit, and an adjustable drawstring. The vest is made of durable material and comes with a USB cable for easy charging. The battery lasts up to 10 hours on one charge.
So here are our top picks for the best-heated vests of 2023! We hope that you find one that meets your needs and preferences.
Keep warm and enjoy your next outdoor adventure.
For more information helping you pick the right heated vest please continue reading
Other Heated Vests We Tested
Three vests tested did well, but ultimately didn't get on the winner's list. These vests has heating power but we felt a little cold within a minute after we flipped it on. Our testers liked the overall design.
The vest heated the head in just over 1 minute, but it took longer for it to feel warm. During our testing, we found it enjoyable and the hand-warmer pocket was very helpful.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Heated Vest
The insulated vest helps the body to warm up outside when it's hot outside. Wear warm vests over flannel shirts or sweaters if you want to stay warm or under lighter layers if the heat increases.
Warm coats can be better adapted to harsh cold or long exposure and should be considered if the customer frequently goes outdoors at icy temperatures.
1. Heat Settings: Consider the heat levels you want from your heated vest. Many vests come with adjustable temperature settings so that you can adjust the heat as needed.
2. Battery Life: Every vest will come with a battery and some will last longer than others. Choose one that has a longer battery life for more convenience, especially if you plan to use it for an extended period of time.
3. Comfort: Check out the fabric and design that's used in the heated vest to make sure it's comfortable and fits your body properly. Make sure there are no rough edges or seams that could cause discomfort when wearing it.
4. Durability: If you plan to take your heated vest out a lot, it needs to be able to withstand harsh temperatures and frequent use. Check the material of the heated vest and make sure it's made from durable materials that won't break down easily.
5. Price: Finally, consider how much you're willing to spend on a heated vest. You can find a great quality vest for a reasonable price if you take the time to shop around.
A heating element is a panel that contains wires that heat different parts of the body. The strategic panels lie in the upper back of the vest. Some heated vests have panels, sometimes placed in the lower back or in the back of the throat. In a typical outdoor environment, people are happy to just have a few panels or want as many as they possibly can.
The more heated panels, the more warmth you'll get.
Are heated vests safe?
The battery is used for heating, but its voltages are low. However, while nylon outer shells have water protection, they don't have a lining inside so don't put your tee in hot water when you're inside. If moisture enters batteries, this can increase shock.
Be sure to read the safety guidelines when using heated vests.
In what temperature ranges can a heated vest be used?
Whether you're feeling cold or chilly, a heated vest can bring warmth. Typically this temperature can vary from 45 to 65 degrees for some. It can be worn alone or in pairs with warm overcoats for warmer days when the weather gets cooler.
Overall, heated vests are great for keeping warm during cooler days. They are lightweight and can easily be stored away when not in use. When selecting a heated vest make sure to consider the heat settings, battery life, comfort, durability and price range that best suits your needs. You'll want to pick one with enough heating elements to provide warmth and make sure to read the safety guidelines before using to ensure safe operation. With these tips in mind, you can find a heated vest that will help keep you warm on cool days.
USB Heated Vest Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you charge a heated vest?
Prepare to charge the battery 3 hours before you use the heated vest. Possibly overnight as best we can.
It would be good to connect one of the compatible USB adapters with your laptop or phone charger for a fast and convenient charge.
Can you wear a heated vest in any weather?
Yes, you can wear heated vests in all kinds of weather conditions.
However, pay attention to the indoor/outdoor settings when selecting the temperature level – and make sure the vest is suited to your environment. For example, if you’re planning to use it outdoors at icy temperatures, turn up the heat level for more warmth.
Can I wash my heated vest?
Yes, it’s safe to hand-wash the vest in cold water – but without the battery. Also, you can use a washing machine on a gentle cycle and make sure to use a mild detergent.
Do not iron or dry clean the vest and, of course, never submerge it in water. Regularly check for any damage on the wiring and contacts, as this could affect the heating performance.
Is a heated vest suitable for everyone?
Yes, heated vests are suitable for everyone. The vests come in a range of sizes to fit different body shapes and sizes, so it's easy to find one that fits you perfectly.
The adjustable temperature settings make it easy to personalize the heated vest, so anyone can stay comfortable despite cold temperatures.
How long does a heated vest battery last?
The battery life on the most heated vests ranges from three to 10 hours, and the batteries on most high-temperature vests range from 20 hours. The battery lifespan is determined by the temperature of the battery and the settings you choose.
Are heated vests worth it?
It's a matter of personal choice. We were shocked how effective vests under $125 were. It'd be okay to wear a heat vest in the cold season, but it is definitely worth the investment.
Are battery-heated vests safe?
They can be worn safely. Heated garments can always be worn in warm weather. The battery in hot clothing has no ability to electrocute you. The most reputable heating products are 100% waterproof and are made for rainy days.
How do you use a heated USB jacket?
And the power bank can work as long as it's 5 volts and 2.1 amps or more then find where the USB is.
Heated vests offer a great way to stay warm during cold days. Consider the features and safety guidelines when selecting one – and make sure to pick the one that best suits your needs.
With these tips in mind, you can find a heated vest that will help keep you comfortable and warm on cooler days. Also, remember to hand-wash the vest without the battery and always follow safety guidelines.
Now that you know all there is to know about heated vests, you can equip yourself with the right one to keep warm during chilly days.
If you are going to get one we suggest you check out the Hilipert Unisex Heated Vest for all the reasons we gave and it comes in 3 sizes.
Editor's Note: This article has been reviewed by our editorial team for accuracy, clarity, and comprehensiveness. It is up-to-date as of Jan 2023. Thank you for reading! The information in this article does not constitute medical advice